Facebook Counts Not Updating?
If your social counts are not updating, there are several reasons for it.
- The Facebook Application setup
Kindly set up the Facebook application completely. By providing the following information so the shares can be managed properly by Facebook.
- Add the Domain/s.
- Add the Terms and Service URL
- Add the User data deletion instructions URL.
- Select the category to which your site belongs to
- Select the application purpose as well.
- The last step is to change the application mode from Development to Live.
- App ID and Secret ID
Copy and paste the App ID and App Secret keys from Facebook’s application to the Simple social button’s advanced tab.
- Save the settings.
The time that is required to update the counts may vary and can take 4 to 24 hours.
Twitter Counts Not Updating?
If your Twitter counts are not updating, then kindly set up your Twitcount account accordingly and set up the application of TwitCount.
Kindly add the Twitter handle and turn on the Open Graph Tags.
Once the setup is complete, you will start getting the counts from Twitter. The time that is required to update the counts may vary and can take 4 to 24 hours.
Total Sharing Counts
If your total shares are not being shown properly then you have to set up these above applications properly in order to get the accurate total shares of a post or a page.